Marketing and Communications Specialist
Date Posted: 12/13/2017
Location: Des Moines, IA
EFR Job Description
Title: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Reports To: Business Development Director
Salary Grade: Midpoint (Market)
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Purpose: To create and drive marketing strategy to consistently articulate Employee & Family Resources’ mission and sell program offerings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts market research and develops marketing plans for specific products, services, or business lines.
- Develops sales presentations and provides reports based on information collected such as marketing trends, competition, new products, and pricing.
- Reviews changes to the marketplace and industry and adjusts marketing plan accordingly
- Monitors marketing communications plan, including advertising, promotions, and public relations.
- Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including; but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, sales presentations and requests for proposals.
- Manages public relations and marketing efforts for events, and establishes and maintains media contact relationships for effective submission of press releases.
- Works collaboratively and provides creative input to graphic design.
- Manages and grows the company’s social media and website and track analytics.
- Compliance with all applicable EFR policies and procedures including privacy and security
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor or other administration personnel
- Serve as a role model by representing the values of EFR
- Continuous development of cultural competence
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or public relations or equivalent work experience in marketing
- Minimum of three years of professional experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Highly collaborative style and commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
Self-starter, able to work independently and able to manage several projects and tasks concurrently