Event and Project Assistant
Date Posted: 1/8/2018
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Conference Event Management (CEM), with headquarters in its West Des Moines office in Iowa, helps companies increase their sales and or productivity by creating and implementing innovative strategies through planning and facilitating meetings, travel fulfillment, incentive trips, hotel and cruise bookings, and special events worldwide. In addition, the company helps clients contract the best speakers & entertainers for their events, provides individual travel rewards, and creates custom reward strategies to engage employees and sales forces.
Responsibilities (Subject to Change):
This well-rounded position allows candidate to assist in a multitude of areas, such as teaming up with Lead Planners as a critical team member on specific accounts which could include assisting them with these responsibilities:
• Manage registration websites for clients (from communications with clients, writing copy, proofing, and testing, as well as reporting); Manage room blocks and reporting; Serve as liaison with air ticketing provider for managing air deposits and attendee ticketing status, and pulling in air reports; Handle gifting; Site inspection notes; and more
• Create & manage print communications, coordinate and manage mailings, preparing traveling team for trips
• Financial management overview and liaison with accounting, also to include purchasing duties for group amenities, 1099 taxation chart management
• Post-event close out for accounting reconciliation, post-event surveys to client’s attendees • Researching new company projects and profit centers, new technologies
• Providing assistance to the entire team, including with relationships, vendors, and data entry
• While not guaranteed, travel will likely be required to work events throughout the year, which may include international and/or domestic travel-related events spanning multiple days away at a time. While on site at a client event, deliver exceptional service to attendees and the client by being a solution provider and always maintaining a positive attitude. Ability to handle stressful/difficult situations in a calm manner and with complete professionalism.
• As an integral part of the CEM team, responsible for handling, assisting or providing back up as requested for all company services, and for handling other responsibilities as assigned. • Other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 2 years prior relevant event planning/incentive trip experience for large off site corporate and association events, including a minimum of 2 years in a professional office setting using Excel.
• Ability to handle many projects simultaneously and assist team members with a multitude of event tasks and requests, with great accuracy on all projects and documentation, and as a proofer.
• Knowledge of travel and event industry.
• Strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, negotiating skills, and excessive attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
Frequently Asked Questions:
• Must the position reside in the West Des Moines headquarters? Yes
• I can only travel at certain times and don’t really want to travel too much? You probably want to pass on applying as it could be possible to send our candidate all over the globe, 3 – 9 times a year, or more. • When are you hiring? Immediately.
• I loved my last position, but there were too many details and too many events operating at the same time. If you don’t enjoy jumping back and forth among many projects at one time, living in Excel, working off extensive check lists, operating in a fast-paced environment where rigor, discipline and accuracy are necessitated, utilizing today’s latest technology, all while supporting ALL the aspects of event planning from A to Z, and a multitude of office needs, this may not be the place you wish to submit your application.
Great benefit package, including an opportunity to be involved in community outreach, and a chance to grow with us.
To Apply - https://www.mycem.com/careers