Date Posted: 1/12/2018
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Reports to: Branch Manager or Teller Supervisor
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Summary: Provides friendly, quality customer service through timely and accurate processing of accounts and transactions. Identifies customer needs not currently being met and refers to appropriate staff. Provides friendly, quality customer service and treats customers with respect and dignity, either in person or on the phone.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into appropriate records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of identity and customer balances.
- Counts currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to other bank locations or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Receives and counts daily inventories of cash, drafts, travelers' checks, and gift cards.
- Receives loan payments, issues receipt and processes payments per bank policy.
- Enters customers' transactions into computers to record transactions and issues computer-generated receipts.
- May place holds on items per bank procedure.
- Runs coin machine, verifies totals and wraps coin.
- Accurately reconciles teller drawer per bank policy and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Opens the night deposit and processes per bank policy.
- Receives and processes check orders per bank policy.
- Assists customers with accessing safe deposit boxes.
- Sells and records cashier’s checks, money orders, travelers’ checks, and gift cards.
- May sell and redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculates daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Identifies transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Answers customer questions and provides account information either in person or on the phone.
- Develops and applies knowledge of the products and services available at the bank.
- Has access to confidential information relating to customers and accounts. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of customers, other employees, and work.
- Non-essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that teller station is properly stocked.
- Ensures that lobby is properly stocked.
- Performs other bank related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Previous customer service experience.
Bank Iowa - Des Moines Region
1150 Jordan Creek Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50266
To apply, follow this link: https://inquirehire.pstprod.peoplestrategy.com/jobseeker/view_req.php?id=5&flc=MzM4MzM4&ERCSESSID=am464dv3k8al6dhqofovho7vl0