Mortgage Loan Originator
Date Posted: 1/12/2018
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Reports to: Mortgage Manager
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Summary: Responsible for originating first mortgage loans and the development of new mortgage business through established referral sources and marketing efforts to increase the Bank’s presence and competitiveness with the Bank’s target market. Provides friendly, quality customer service and treats customers with respect and dignity, either in person or on the phone.
Specific Job Functions:
- Develops, fosters and maintains relations with investors, homebuilders, real estate professionals, market representatives and other business development contacts to provide strong sources for loan production.
- Assist in formalizing and implementing sales strategies and marketing approaches.
- Solicits first mortgage loans, informs prospective loan clients of the Bank’s underwriting guidelines and government regulations.
- Monitors marketplace and organization sales performance.
- Personally interviews loan applicants and screen requests based upon Bank’s policy.
- Completes loan application and all pre-processing functions in a timely manner to ensure good faith estimate is mailed within three-day business period.
- Maintains and monitors pipeline reports to ensure volume and quality are consistent with Bank’s goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Researches new legislation, regulations that may affect the Bank’s lending policy.
- Develops and maintain a diverse referral base by establishing an existing and active referral network.
- Has access to confidential information about customers and accounts. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of customers, other employees, and work.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Performs other bank related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Well-lit, climate-controlled office setting.
- Works independently while following bank policy. Questions regarding bank policy should be directed to supervisor. Job has some variety of tasks, but strict procedures and regulations guide actions. Assignments are regularly monitored. Receives moderate to limited supervision working from objectives set by supervisor. Employee organizes and carries out most assignments in accordance with standard practices, instructions, or previous training. Employee handles some unusual situations independently
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in business or finance preferred.
- 3-5 years of residential mortgage loan officer experience is required.
- Must have a strong understanding of underwriting criteria, residential market guidelines, and the ability to work independently.
- This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (“Registry") and to obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew the registration on an annual basis, and to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of loan documents, previous experience in servicing real estate loans.
- Ability to operate basic office machines including calculator, copy and fax machines. Computer experience is essential and knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills.
Bank Iowa - Des Moines Region
1150 Jordan Creek Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50266
To apply, follow the link provided: https://inquirehire.pstprod.peoplestrategy.com/jobseeker/view_req.php?id=6&flc=MzM3MzM3&ERCSESSID=am464dv3k8al6dhqofovho7vl0