Event and Project Coordinator
Date Posted: 3/1/2018
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Full-Time EXPERIENCED Event and Project Coordinator
Conference Event Management (CEM), with headquarters in its West Des Moines office in Iowa, helps companies increase their sales and or productivity by creating and implementing innovative strategies through planning and facilitating meetings, travel fulfillment, incentive trips, hotel and cruise bookings, and special events worldwide. In addition, the company helps clients contract the best speakers & entertainers for their events, provides individual travel rewards, and creates custom reward strategies to engage employees and sales forces.
Responsibilities (Subject to Change)
This well-rounded position allows the chosen candidate to team up with event team members in a multitude of areas, serving as a critical co-team member on specific accounts, especially association and corporate clients desiring exceptionally well-run meetings, which could include assisting them with these responsibilities:
• Manage registration websites for clients (from communications with clients, writing copy, proofing and testing, as well as reporting); manage room blocks and reporting; serve as liaison with air ticketing provider for managing air deposits and attendee ticketing status, and pulling in air reports; handle gifting, site inspection notes; and more
• Create & manage print communications, coordinate and manage mailings, preparing traveling team for events
• Financial management overview and liaison with accounting, also to include purchasing duties for group amenities, and taxation chart management for applicable programs
• Merchandise rewards programs
• Post-event close out for accounting reconciliation, post-event surveys to client’s attendees
• Researching new company projects and profit centers, new technologies
• Being a resource to the entire event team, including with relationships, vendors, and attendee data requirements
• While quantity of trips is not guaranteed, travel will be required to work events throughout the year, which may include international and or domestic travel-related events spanning multiple days away at a time. While on-site at a client event, deliver exceptional service to attendees and the client by being a solution provider and always maintaining a positive attitude. Ability to handle stressful/difficult situations in a calm manner and with complete professionalism.
• As an integral part of the CEM team, responsible for handling, assisting or providing back up as requested for all company services, and for handling other responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 2 years prior relevant full-time event planning experience for large off-site corporate and association events, including a minimum of 2 years in a professional office setting using Excel. (Internships typically do not count toward this qualification.)
• Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and assist team members with a multitude of event tasks and requests, with great accuracy on all projects and documentation, and as a proofer
• Knowledge of travel and event industry
• Strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and excessive attention to detail
• PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word, meeting apps, Internet, and other necessary computer skills
Frequently Asked Questions:
• Must the position reside in the West Des Moines headquarters? Yes
• I can only travel at certain times and don’t really want to travel too much? You probably want to pass on applying as it could be possible to send our candidate to multiple events a year
• When are you hiring? Immediately
• I loved my last position, but there were too many details and too many events operating at the same time. If you don’t enjoy jumping back and forth among many projects at one time, living in Excel, working off extensive check lists, operating in a fast-paced environment where rigor, discipline, and accuracy are necessitated, utilizing today’s latest technology, all while supporting ALL the aspects of event planning from A to Z, and any office needs, this may not be the place you wish to submit your application.
Great benefit package, including an opportunity to be involved in community outreach, and a chance to grow with us. More details provided to those chosen for interviews. To apply, submit your resume to Careers@myCEM.com and include salary requirements.